by Barry Copple, Operations Manager of the Warner Theatre
Hello, Erie! In many ways, it’s been a busy time here at the Warner Theatre. In the last several months through October we have held 16 events varying from weddings, receptions, Philharmonic performances, private lobby events, a sold out Jerry Seinfeld show in August, REO Speedwagon concert, and Rumours Of Fleetwood Mac.
The next two months are even busier with 17 events including
- The Erie Philharmonic Nov 3rd and Dec 1
- The Broadway show “Menopause” on Nov 7th
- Toby Mac concert on Nov 11th
- The Warner Theatre Christmas Craft and Art Show Nov 24-25
- The Broadway show “The Sound Of Music” Nov 29th
- A Motown Christmas comes to Erie Sunday, Dec 2nd
- The Beach Boys will perform their “Reason For The Season Tour”, Dec 5th
- The annual Nutcracker Ballet will be held Dec 15-16
- Little’s Dance Studio will perform their holiday performance Dec 22
- We end the year with Grace Church services, held Dec 23rd 6 p.m. & 8 p.m., and Christmas Eve the 24th, 2 p.m. & 4 p.m.
So you can see how much exciting and diverse programing we have here at the Warner Theatre in Downtown Erie, Pa.
On a side note, Erie had a very exciting event in October, including a Presidential visit to the Erie Insurance Arena. The Arena staff did a magnificent job pulling together such a huge undertaking in such a short few days. Hats off to all of them that made the event such a smooth and seamless day. Even though this was an EIA event, the Warner Theatre did play a part in the logistics and planning. It was one to remember.
2018 was a good year, and 2019 is going to be an even better and more exciting year — not just from a programming stand point, but we are also scheduled to begin a long awaited final restoration and expansion of the Warner Theatre. Plans are being finalized as we speak and you can be sure in the coming months and year, you will see and hear all about the wonderful things that are scheduled to take place as part of this construction project. Erie will be very surprised!! This, however, means we will have some down time for the Theatre in 2019 and 2020. This schedule is soon to be set, but the plan is for a finished building in Nov. 2020. I can’t wait! So “Get UP And Go Erie!” You have lots to choose from when it comes to entertainment in beautiful downtown Erie.
Until we talk again…Thank you, Erie.