by Sandra Olsen, Sales Manager
Welcome to SUMMER! As you may have heard, Erie had one of the snowiest seasons on record in 2017! On December 24th & 25th we broke a record for the largest two-day snowfall with 53” of snow falling. Maybe not something to be overly excited about, but if you live in Erie, you sure learn how to drive in the snow!
And, if you live in Erie, you live for the summer! It is said that Erie has the 2nd most beautiful sunsets of anywhere in the world. While we are fortunate enough to experience all four seasons (sometimes in just one day!) summer is really where it is at for Erie. It seems like there is always something going on every day of the week.
- Mondays – there is Buck Night at the SeaWolves with $.25 cent draft night at the Plymouth
- Tuesdays – 8 Great Tuesdays at the Amphitheater
- Wednesdays – Sunset Music Concert Series on Presque Isle State Park
- Thursdays – Block Parties downtown
- The weekends are all about the Festivals! (Just to name a few!)
- June – Food Truck Festival and the Poker Run
- July – Greek Festival and Roar on the Shore
- August – Jazz Festival and Celebrate Erie
- Don’t forget live horse racing From Mid-May through Early October. Racing is live Monday – Thursday and from June on Sundays as well.
We are lucky to have Presque Isle State Park right in our backyard. With 13 miles of beaches and so many other activities going on there you should never be bored in the summer in Erie. If you are more of a thrill seeker, season passes to Waldameer Amusement Park are a must!
I feel like I could go on for days talking about summer in Erie! There is truly something for everyone. With the Erie Art Museum, the Erie Zoo, Brig Niagara and Maritime Museum, Asbury Woods Nature Center, Bicentennial Tower, and the Tom Ridge Environmental Center you can see that Erie offers a diverse selection of things to do! And, of course, we have plenty going on here at the Bayfront Convention Center! Feel free to take time on a nice sunny day to check us out!