By Erica Krystek, Event Coordinator
Spring has finally arrived (sort of — don’t look outside just yet)!
Here are a few things to do around Erie in the springtime:
- Lake Erie Fishing: Ask any angler and they will tell you fishing in the spring means Trout, which begins its opening day on April 14th. Or join the S.O.N.S of Lake Erie, to help protect our native species of fish.
- Erie SeaWolves: Nothing says spring like baseball! Join the Seawovles Friday April 13, 2018 for the home opener at UPMC Park.
- Presque Isle State Park: Whether you like to bike, run, or walk, Presque Isle has amazing sunsets with breathtaking water views.
- Sara’s Restaurant: Order a signature orange-vanilla ice cream cone. Sara’s opened for the season on April 1st.
- Erie Zoo: Grand opening was held on March 3rd. Mark your calendars for the Zoo Parade May 19th.
- Asbury Woods: Try out the 2018 Maple Festival April 14th & 15th
- Frontier Park: Not only is there a labyrinth to serenely walk though, trees and other foliage to identify, and strategically placed memorial benches, LEAF is also celebrating their 20th birthday this year! Join Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park for adult art classes, and family yoga classes.
- Erie Microbrew Fest: Take part in the longest running craft brew festival in our region on Saturday April 7, 2018 at the Brewerie at Union Station. Tickets are $35 in advance, or $40 at the door, with VIP tickets selling at only $50 in advance! Designated Drivers are offered a discount for being a team player and may enter at a head cost of $20.
And, of course, we’ll have plenty of events at our venues this spring! We have concerts at the Erie Insurance Arena, events at the Bayfront Convention Center, plays and concerts at the Warner Theatre, and more!
We’ve been in hibernation for an entire season, it’s time to put away those winter boots and get into the spirit of spring in Erie!