The Courtyard Erie Bayfront Hotel marked its first year of operation Friday, June 23, culminating a successful year as part of the Bayfront Complex that consists of the Bayfront Convention Center, Courtyard Erie Bayfront Hotel and the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. The hotel received accolades from within the company and amongst other local hotels that validate the positive first 365 days at 2 Sassafras Pier.
- Reached #1 on TripAdvisor within first 10 months post-opening
- Ranked #1 full-service Hotel and Restaurant (Shoreline Bar and Grille)
- Ranked #1 for full-service Guest Satisfaction scores
- Top 2% of brand year-to-date Staff Service Overall
- Top 2% of brand year-to-date Intent to Recommend
- Top 6% of brand year-to-date Overall Guest Satisfaction
The Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, which opened in 2008, continues to be a leader in the industry as well, receiving their own brand recognition.
- Top 1% of the entire Sheraton Brand for Hotel Style and Design
- Top 1% of the entire Sheraton Brand for Food and Beverage
- Top 2% of the entire Sheraton Brand for Guest Satisfaction Scores: Overall Satisfied
- #2 in Erie on TripAdvisor site (behind the Courtyard Bayfront)
- #2 in White Lodging best guest satisfaction scores (behind the Courtyard Bayfront – Courtyard and Sheraton are #1 and #2 in the entire organization)
Entering the summer season with such high company and customer recognition, the two properties look forward to showcasing themselves along with Erie’s best asset, Presque Isle Bay. Additional features at each waterfront location will provide and even more appealing setting for residents and/or visitors. The Sheraton’s Bayfront Grille launched a new summer menu and the 120 seat patio is now open for the season. The restaurant will feature live weekend entertainment on the outdoor patio. The Courtyard’s Shoreline Bar and Grill has expanded its outdoor seating and added a bayside bar with live entertainment.
Both hotels pride themselves in hiring local talent – striving for “brain gain” instead of “brain drain” in the community. Currently, the Sheraton has 125 associates and 16 managers – 99% are hired locally, including six managers who graduated from local Erie universities. The Courtyard has 100 associates and 12 managers, also with 99% of them hired locally. Five of the 12 managers at the Courtyard graduated from a local college or university.